Pixitracker - bulk upload of samples?

Simple and fun sample based tracker with minimalistic pixel interface
LamptonWorm

Pixitracker - bulk upload of samples?

Post by LamptonWorm »

Hi all,

First post :) good to be here, having some fun with Pixi having been using SunVox on and off for a while now. Nice products.

So, I've got an Pixi-on-iOS question - I'm able to drag wave files to Pixi via iTunes or using the wi-fi/web-page, that's cool, but is there a way to bulk upload folders/samples?

iTunes doesn't seem to let me make a folder, let along drag one in, so I'd end up with a stack of .wav files at root of Pixi documents. The wi-fi page is neat and lets me make folders, but only lets me upload 4 files at a time.

Is there another way? I wondered about being able to ftp to the IP address for wi-fi using file zilla, maybe! I've basically got a samples folder containing other folders and samples, and I'd like to drag that over to Pixi can see it, without doing them 4 at a time or loosing the folder structure.

Another idea is if I'm able to build the pixi sound libraries on PC then upload them, that's ok, happy to do that if it's possible. The other thing I'm realising about uploading my samples is you can't preview them in-app until they are either loaded or part of a pixi sound library, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers all!
LW.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pixitracker - bulk upload of samples?

Post by NightRadio »

Another idea is if I'm able to build the pixi sound libraries on PC then upload them, that's ok, happy to do that if it's possible.
It is possible :)
Just download PixiTracker for PC here: http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/pixitracke ... racker.zip
Instruction on how to run it: http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/pixilang/pixi_howto.php
Then launch PixiTracker. Load your lovely samples to the slots. Then in the Sampler go to the Load/Save menu -> Save Sound Pack. That's it
you can't preview them in-app until they are either loaded or part of a pixi sound library
You can preview them, if they are part of some sound pack. Just click Load/Save -> Load Sound -> and select your sound pack