Changing Sample Unroutes The Generator

Found a bug? Post it here.
hseiken

Changing Sample Unroutes The Generator

Post by hseiken »

Hi, I was jamming and recording my jam session and found a possible bug. Basically, I loaded up a sample in a sampler and the sampler disconnected itself from the output after loading a new sample on one that was already loaded.

I've left a link here with a timestamp. It's not a terrible bug, but it might confuse people who are unaware this occurs, it certainly confused me as you can detect in the screencast.

https://youtu.be/lSM4iQNjkXA?t=521

Sorta related; the situation that had me reload the sample was because there was no undo for the cut operation at least that I could find/invoke. Like most things, I tend to not see what's in front of my face half the time. That said, CTRL+Z is mapped to undo and even with focus on the sample editor, I got no response. I know undo operations on sampling can take up a bit of memory in some cases so it's understood if this is omitted due to device compatibility/memory concerns.

Peace!
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Changing Sample Unroutes The Generator

Post by NightRadio »

You cut some piece of sample -> you press CTRL+Z out of habit -> Sampler has no support of UNDO/REDO, so it retransmits CTRL+Z message to the parent window -> parent window (sound network) successfully processes the UNDO message and cancels the previous action "make connection between the Output and Sampler" :roll:
hseiken

Re: Changing Sample Unroutes The Generator

Post by hseiken »

Ahh, this makes sense. Thanks!
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!