Sunvox 1.9 FMSynth CPU usage a bit high?

Found a bug? Post it here.
monoben

Sunvox 1.9 FMSynth CPU usage a bit high?

Post by monoben »

pure-harmanoy-3.sunvox
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Hi, I made this project a little while ago on 1.8 or 1.8.1 or maybe earlia but not much. Anyway the CPU usage for the FM synth is something like ten times more in 1.9! Maybe there is some sort of project compatibility problem? Or perhaps the FMSynth in 1.9 is faulty? Or did you give the FMSynth an upgrade and choose to accept this CPU usage increase because of some awesome new feature it now has?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sunvox 1.9 FMSynth CPU usage a bit high?

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
What device do you use?
monoben

Post by monoben »

It's a Pentium 4 with a somewhat obscure Linux, Slacko Puppy 5.9.3.

I could've used an older puppy version to make the project not 100% sure. It's about time I updated this.

I noticed that my android wants to update Sunvox but I don't have the space to do that right now. :( this project works fine on my xperia play!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Do you compare PC with Android?
If yes - this is the problem. Mobile version of SunVox uses the faster algorithms with lower quality sound. FM synth is really faster in the mobile version. But not only in 1.8.1.
If you want to get the same sound - just use the sunvox_lofi version on your PC.
monoben

Post by monoben »

That's nice to know! Thanks. But I only really use Sunvox on my studio desktop machine, I bought the android version to support you. In the day at work I don't really have the extra capacity to do intricate things with the Xperia. Driving a dustbin lorry can be a high stakes game, especially when reversing round blind corners on a housing estate past fifty poorly parked cars.

Ill update this machine and come back only if the problem persists.