Trouble with Echo module

Found a bug? Post it here.
Oliv

Trouble with Echo module

Post by Oliv »

I noticed some kind of distortion when I use an echo module using "line" (or "line/2", "line/3") as a delay unit. Using any other delay unit, everything sounds fine. It doesn't seem to happen on Android (I noticed it in the Win32 version of SunVox 1.7.2b).

I know another update is coming soon as I'm writing this, but in case Nightradio didn't come across that one (and since I haven't seen any mention of that bug on the forum), I thought I might just as well complain... :pardon:
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Echo module

Post by NightRadio »

Hi Oliv!
Please send me the test project (with synth and echo only) with this bug.
And also this would be cool if you can send me WAV or MP3 file where this distortion is captured
Oliv

Re: Trouble with Echo module

Post by Oliv »

Well, while I was looking for a way to reproduce the noise, I think I got it figured out :

It only happens when I dynamically change the speed parameter (000F command) to achieve some kind of shuffle AND put "line" as an echo unit. Which make perfect sense, since I take as a unit a parameter that permanentely change value...

I sent you the sunvox file anyway, but since I found a way to work around the problem (using "tick" instead of "line"), it's really no big deal.

Also, you rock. I just got a hold of an Archos Pad working on Android and the first thing I installed on it was SunVox... :Bravo:

Have a nice day !