WoggleBug implementation,. .

jph_wacheski

WoggleBug implementation,. .

Post by jph_wacheski »

I built a little WoggleBug type metaModule that seems rather useful, so I will share.

Seemingly endless randomness is the goal of a WoggleBug, however various sized repeating patterns are also available.

I have been watching many videos of hardware modular out of interest, I suppose, as I don't (yet!) have any modular gear. Seeing what I can learn about voltage control, and how it can apply to digital synthesis with SunVox. The sound2Ctrl has made so much modulation possible that it boggles the mind.

Check the little example, and try changing the settings to see what it can do. Rate, Lag, Range, and Mode are exposed currently, and you can of course go in and expose any others you may find useful.

If you take the Sample Rate of the pitchIn way down in the example you can easily get quantized notes out of it.
jphWoggle_expl.sunvox
usage example
(7.62 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
jphWoggle.sunsynth
meta
(5.45 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
iaon

Re: WoggleBug implementation,. .

Post by iaon »

Cool stuff, I imagine MultiCtl's curve and quantization could be used to get some specific scales/series of tones out of this.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yes MultiCtl's can be helpful for that,. although editing the curves precisely is a tad too difficult currently. Using them this way is one reason I am pushing for a triangle LFO waveform, for a linear arp up/down, saws work good for uni-direction however a sin is not linear,. .
iaon

Post by iaon »

This MetaModule generates an imperfect triangle waveform by saturating a sawtooth wave at specific levels. The imperfections are especially noticable at the lowest frequencies and can be smoothed out using the LPF, it's a trade off whereby lower cutoff makes the waveform more sine-like.
Attachments
QuasiTri.sunsynth
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

Ty!